Tuesday, May 19, 2015

About Me

Hey y'all, I'm Miranda!

I am a 21 year old Pro Photo student. When I graduate, I want to be a live concert/band photographer. I have two dreams. The first one is to photograph my favorite band (which you'll find out about later in this post) live in concert. And my second dream is to have my photos published in the magazine, Alternative Press (AP).
Random basic facts: I moved here from Oklahoma but will always call Texas my home. Currently my hair is black and blue but that could change. My favorite color is black. I am an Aries. I love going to the beach even though recently I've been too busy to go. People might be surprised to know that I do play video games. I will admit though that I am not the best & Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game.

I have a Chihuahua Maltese named Eddie. He didn't move here to California with me but he is my baby and yes I do still spoil him even though he lives back in Oklahoma with my parents. Fun Fact: I named him Eddie because whenever I got him, his nails were so long they were like daggers. So naturally Edward Scissorhands came to mind. Edward was just too harsh of a name for a small sweet dog so I made it short and sweet. Eddie had his name before I had even gotten into the car to take him home(:


I love love love movies & music. My favorite movie changes all the time but currently my favorite is Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron. I've already seen it 3 times in the movie theater. Haha(:

Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer

Anyone who knows me, follows me on Pinterest or pays attention to my t-shirts know that I am obsessed with Black Veil Brides. They are my absolute favorite band. I could listen to their music all day everyday.. Kind of already do when I'm not busy with school haha.. I've been to two of their concerts within 4 months of each other this year and I can't wait to see them at Warped Tour in Pomona & also here in Ventura :D

In The End - Black Veil Brides

Rebel Love Song - Black Veil Brides

Lastly, my family means everything to me. I would not be who & where I am today if it wasn't for them. Yes, we disagree but we are always there for each other. They have helped me through really hard times and were there for me when I really didn't deserve it. They are crazy, weird and annoying but I love them & I wouldn't have it any other way!

Just an FYI, my dad doesn't usually take silly pictures so this was pretty funny. It was made for kids so he had to get down on the ground just to be able to have his face peeking through, haha. (:

Thanks for reading!

Miranda(:

PS) As nice as Ventura is, I can't wait to graduate so I can move to LA.

"You know what normal is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that."
-Ashley Purdy

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any photographs from any of the black veil brides concerts?? I'd really like to see them since I modeled their make up for you in Visual Design last semester. I think concert photography is so cool, all that energy and excitement, you're bound to get some crazy shots. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda,

    Neat blog. I like the sprinkling-in of photos, esp the doggie. Good boy. I also think it’s cool that you posted pics of your family. Mine are out on the East Coast, and I miss them all the time.

    So rock photographers/photojournalists don’t just snap pictures. They’ve got to write in various ways to do their job and keep their gigs coming in. This course could be an opportunity for you to learn more about all that, and since you’re so interested in that career already, I think you should consider doing that for the final project.

    Solid start here, but don’t forget to respond to this week’s readings.

    Z

    ReplyDelete